Blog Description

Follow me on my journey for the next 6 weeks!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Week 3 Results

Well, they're a little delayed due to holidays and general busy-ness, but here's the week 3 results. I lost another 5 lbs, which brings my total to 21 lbs in 3 weeks! It feels incredible to see such amazing results in such a short time period, but I've been working like crazy so I expect great results :) I'm still hanging in 2nd place for the competition. It was slightly disappointing again, but there isn't much for me to do but keep working as hard as I can and hope for the best results. I'm only like 1.5% behind first place, and it is definitely a number I can overcome. I'm going to continue to push it in my workouts and eat as healthy as possible, but for the next 3 weeks I am going to try and be more precise with my serving sizes to maximize my results hopefully, so I got a food scale. Like I said, I feel a little disappointed that I'm not in first, but when I think about it, it seems silly to be upset about only losing 21 lbs. in 3 weeks. If I win or not I will have accomplished something amazing.

Holidays are usually a very difficult time to keep on track with your eating. With this last weekend being Easter I thought there would be ample opportunity to cheat my diet. But the fact that I was in the competition, and my family being super supportive of me and what I'm doing it wasn't all that difficult. It was helpful that my Mom made sure that there was going to food I could eat around, and not putting any candy in our Easter baskets (Yes me(24) and my brother (26) his wife (25) our cousin (23) all still get Easter baskets :)) I know other holidays won't be as easy though. I think if eating healthy is a priority in reaching your fitness goals, and you don't want to give yourself much room to cheat, holidays can be awful, but doable. To get through it, you just have to take control of certain elements yourself. If you're cooking it becomes easy to control everything that's going on the table, and you can ensure that you have plenty of healthy options. But if you're going to someone else's house bring a healthy side dish, and avoid the bad stuff. I feel like most holiday meals include turkey, and turkey breast is good lean protein for you. Anyways, just a little food for thought on holidays.

Peace for now friends!

2 comments:

  1. 21 pounds, 3 weeks... It just sounds so crazy. Love the talk about the supportive family, keep kicking ass LALAN'S!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO awesome!!! whoooo ted!!! (ps my mom still gives us easter baskets too haha)

    -Michelle Barghout

    ReplyDelete