Blog Description

Follow me on my journey for the next 6 weeks!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Week 2 Weigh-In

So after my awesome week 1 results I was encouraged, excited, and motivated to keep getting great results. But even after losing 10.4 lbs in one week, it wasn't good enough for 1st place int he competition. The contest is based on percentage of overall weight lost, so it's balanced for people of all different weights. I'm not sure anyone else lost more weight than I did in the first week, and I think that's awesome, but still a bit disappointing that it wasn't the best. It made me even more focused on working hard and eating well to stay at the top and move into first.

I was aware that my second week wouldn't be as stellar, so I had to temper my expectations. It was difficult because I was working just as hard, but I know that's just how it goes, week 2 is always the toughest. I was a little nervous to weigh-in, although I was prepared for lesser results, I just wanted to keep up an awesome pace. So I was right, I didn't lose as much, but still I lost about 5 lbs this week! Still feels awesome even though it was a lot smaller than week 1.

I'm still working hard, and will continue to do so. I have so much encouragement from everyone around me, friends, family, the team at Orange Theory, it makes it easier to push as hard as I can. I want to lose 7-8lbs a week, so this works out to average almost exactly that, but I am going to have to improve my results next week. I know I can, but there isn't a whole lot I can do. I'm already working out insanely hard, and eating about as healthy as possible (I even gave up alcohol for these 6 weeks, which is tough!) So I just have to keep doing what I'm doing, and the results will come. Even if I don't hit my goal, i will still have achieved some awesome results. Which brings me to a little preview of my next post about goals/success/accountability/etc. I recently read something about success: To truly judge success you have to look at the process, not the result. If you're working hard and giving it your best effort that's all that really matters. Sometimes you will fail, you can't succeed at everything, but if you work hard you can turn the odds so that you will succeed more often than fail. So I know that I'm working my ass off (Almost literally!) and that's all that I can control.

Thanks for reading everyone, I'll post again on Sunday when I find out the weekly results to let you know I took the lead :)

Peace for now friends

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work Teddy! I am really enjoying your blog and ran a printed a for Gramdma today. Keep up the good work_we are all very proud of you.
    Love,Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow reading this in 2014 and I have to say you're very inspiring and I'm greatly enjoying these posts as I'm going to start Orangr Theory this week.

    ReplyDelete