Blog Description

Follow me on my journey for the next 6 weeks!

Friday, May 20, 2011

The Finish Line

A little late, but better late than never I guess. After 6 long weeks that at times felt like it would go on forever, but in retrospect flew by, the Orange Theory fitness weight-loss competition is over. And I definitely ended it with a bang losing 9 lbs. in week 6. Which brings my total for the whole competition to 37 lbs!! It was fantastic having such a killer last week, it was my best one since week 1. While my 37 lbs. wasn't enough to win the competition, 2nd place feels pretty damn good too. Having had time to reflect on what I've done over the last 6 weeks it kind of amazes me what I accomplished, and I can't think of many, if any, things that I've done that I'm more proud of. It was an amazing 6 weeks. I put everything I had into doing this and I feel amazing about it. And while I worked hard, I wouldn't have done as well if it wasn't for the support of my awesome family and friends. I want to thank everyone for their support and encouragement.

This has really been a life changing experience for me. I was on track to lose the weight I have, but it would have taken me so much longer. Doing this competition and seeing the results I got in such a short amount of time has changed me, for the better. Some days I feel like a totally new person, and in someways I am. It's not the end of the competition, but it's really like the beginning of a new life for me, and I'm excited to see where it goes.

A lot of people have asked me about what I'm going to do now, and about maintaining what I've done. I'm not really concerned about maintaining, I'm going to continue to work hard. I've still got goals to reach, getting under 200lbs for the first time in I don't know when will be one I will hit sooner rather than later, and I still want to get to 180lbs, which probably won't be too far off either. I've got to start figuring out what I want to strive for once I reach that goal, any suggestions?? After the competition ended I wanted to take like a week off. But I found myself way to antsy to be inactive! While I didn't get a ton of exercise in, I still felt like I needed to do something even if it was just a few jogs. It was a bizarre feeling running outside after having only run on a treadmill for 6 weeks. It was fun to, though, especially to see the progress I made. I cut nearly 3 minutes of my time of a 1.25 mile loop around my house.

I've been trying to decide what exactly my new exercise routine would be. I was excited about changing it up, mixing it up a little. But after I ran I realized it was only like 1/2 the time I had been doing at the gym on the treadmill. To get a similar workout in I would have to do so much more. I have kinda become addicted to the results. I know that probably can't get the same results outside of Orange Theory. And it will be part of my routine, probably 2x a week, it just happened so fast this time I want to keep losing so fast!! And that's why I decided to join up for another competition starting in June! I'm totally stoked for it again. So if you've enjoyed the blog, it will probably be continuing a little longer.

Anyways, I hope you've enjoyed keeping up with me these last 6 weeks, I know I really enjoyed writing here. I hope some of my words have been able to help and encourage some to get out and be active, and achieve fitness goals. Just commit, it's that easy. If I can do it, you can too...seriously!

Peace for now friends

4 comments:

  1. Aww I love my Teddy Bear. Here is a goal: http://www.imogenerun.com/ couple of people up here do it every year. I think that you would love it and rock it! Lets do it together and maybe even inspire that brother of yours to join.
    XOXO,
    Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing TJ Lalan!! Congrats! I hope all is well. Think about you all the time! I hope I'll see you someday soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's Taking place i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found
    It absolutely useful and it has helped me out loads.

    I hope to contribute & assist other users like its aided me.
    Great job.

    my weblog african mango australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not in a position to view this website properly on opera I feel there is a problem

    My site; having trouble getting pregnant after a miscarriage

    ReplyDelete