Blog Description

Follow me on my journey for the next 6 weeks!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

One week in, first weigh in

So it's been one week since I started the competition. It's been an interesting week to say the least. It's been fun, exciting, exhausting, exhilarating, and a whole lot of other adjectives at the same time. Everyday I become more and more comfortable with the workout routines. They still kick my ass everyday, and I don't really see that changing. Pushing yourself harder every time is a big part of the workout, and that is the absolute best way to see results. You have to push yourself harder than your mind thinks you can. I think a lot of people have an idea of what they can do during a workout, and if they get there they stop. But to achieve awesome results you have to push it hard every time. Since last Friday I have worked out 8 times, and I find myself needing to push myself harder each class. At the end of the class when we look at our charts showing what amounts of time we spent in each heart rate zone, I have found my numbers dropping a little lower than I want. I thinks that is partly because the workouts have been working! They tell us that the more you workout the quicker your heart rate will drop back to a normal pace after getting it to a high level, and, today especially, I noticed my heart rate leveling out quicker. I also think that my body is simply fatigued. I worked out 7 days in a row, and it has just taken a toll on my body. I am taking tomorrow off to give myself a chance to rest up so I can get back to hitting it hard.

Now the most exciting part of finishing up my first week, the first weigh in. I felt that I had seriously worked hard, and I knew that I would have at least gotten close to what my weekly average weight loss (I'd like to average 7-8 lbs per week). So when I stepped on the scale I was pleasantly surprised, I had lost 10.4 lbs!!! It feels absolutely amazing to see the fruits of my labor, I knew I had done well, but I freakin killed it, I was so excited. My hard work has payed off so far. I know that my weekly losses won't be that big every time, but it is just soooo good to know that what I've been doing has been working. Commit, and dedicate yourself to something and it pays off. On one wall of the studio they have a few words painted in large letters, like, energy, power, results, etc.. During just about every class during the treadmill sections when we're pushing it hard and I don't think I can go much longer I look up and just stare at the word results written in huge letters. I try and let my mind go somewhere else, and know that I do this to get the best results. It felt good to know that it actually worked, I got amazing results this week. And it has only inspired me to work harder, fine tune my eating habits, and push it even more!

Peace for now Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment